The GAWL Foundation is excited to announce the second annual GAWL Serves Togeth-HER - a 2-week statewide campaign of community service and pro bono events for GAWL members, its network of friends, family, colleagues, and others in the Georgia legal industry!
What is GAWL Serves Togeth-HER?
From March 20 - April 3, 2020, the GAWL Foundation is offering several philanthropic projects, performing different types of service in a variety of locations (including virtual!) and on different times and days. Our goal is to make philanthropic service easy and accessible for our audience of busy people. Anyone can participate for any opportunity that interests you and fits into your schedule!
Current GAWL Serves Togeth-HER Volunteer Opportunities:
- Nicholas House Snack Drive
- Join GAWL Leadership Academy alumnae and donate snacks, drinks, and supplies for the Nicholas House Youth Services Summer Program!
- Donations can be delivered directly to Erin Gerstenzang's office at 675 Ponce De Leon Ave, Suite NE 223, Atlanta, GA 30308.
- Atlanta Children's Shelter "Project Art" Supply Drive
- Help the GAWL Foundation support the Atlanta Children's Shelter Play Therapy Program! Donate art supplies to be used to create art pieces for auction at the GAWL Annual Silent Auction. A portion of proceeds from the auction of those art pieces will benefit Atlanta Children's Shelter's Play Therapy Program, which provides low cost therapeutic play therapy to children in the shelter who have experienced trauma.
- To donate or for more info click here.
- Gigi's House Clothing Drive
- Gigi's House is a faith-based shelter dedicated to serving girls age 13-19 who are victims of sex trafficking. Take this time to sort through your house for clothing, decor, and other gently used items. These items will be donated to Resale Therapy, a thrift store owned by Gigi's House. Resale Therapy will sell these items and 100% of the proceeds go back to Gigi's House!
- To donate items, email the GAWL Foundation.
- To make monetary donations, please visit Gigi's House or checks can be mailed to 7147 Jonesboro Road, Suite #870051, Morrow, GA 30287.
- AVLF Saturday Lawyer Program - Remote Assistance
- Volunteers will assist low-income Atlanta residents with landlord-tenant disputes and unpaid wage claims, virtually or over the phone. AVLF will schedule a virtual appointment that works best for both volunteer and client. After meeting with the client, volunteers will follow up with AVLF to debrief and provide meeting notes. Volunteers will receive training materials prior to their scheduled appointment.
- To volunteer or for more info click here.
- Become a GAWL Friend Sponsor!
- Become a GAWL Friend and sponsor this year's GAWL Serves Togeth-HER service campaign! With a minimum contribution of $300 you can help the GAWL Foundation continue its important work throughout the State of Georgia. Proceeds from this sponsorship will benefit the GAWL Foundation's grants and scholarships in 2020 and beyond!
Thank you for your willingness to serve!