Week of Service. GAWL members, friends, and families. For the betterment of Georgia.
The GAWL Foundation is excited to announce GAWL Spring Service Week - a weeklong statewide campaign of community service and pro bono events for GAWL members, its network of friends, family, colleagues, and others in the Georgia legal industry!
What is GAWL Spring Service Week?
From March 24-31, 2021, the GAWL Foundation is offering several philanthropic projects, performing different types of service in a variety of locations (including virtual!) and on different times and days. Our goal is to make philanthropic service easy and accessible for our audience of busy people. Anyone can participate for any opportunity that interests you and fits into your schedule!
GAWL Spring Service Week Volunteer Opportunities:
Dress for Success Atlanta - Your Hour, Her Power
- By donating one hour of your pay on one day in March back to Dress for Success Atlanta, you help provide clients with continued access to job skills and career development programs, as well as additional support and tools that help them toward economic independence, and thus access their power!
- To donate CLICK HERE
Dress for Success Atlanta - Collection Drive
- Donations needed:
- Bras, sizes 32 & 34 and extended sizes (44+)
- Interview-appropriate suits (within two years old)
- Professional attire: shells/blouses, skirts, pants, and jackets (within two years old)
- Shoes: dress, dark colors (black brown, navy, taupe)
- Dresses: business-appropriate (no formal or evening wear)
- Dress-casual outfits (conservative two-piece sets)
- Accessories: jewelry, scarves, pantyhose (new and unopened)
- Portfolios (to be used for resumes)
- Handbags (briefcases or work-appropriate handbags)
- Drop-off location and alternative:
- Community Service Committee Chair Deidre Stokes' office: 2295 Parkland Drive, Suite 370, Atlanta, GA 30345
- Contact GAWL.CommunityService@gmail.com to arrange a pick-up or alternative drop-off location for your donations
AVLF Saturday Lawyer Clinic - Virtual Volunteering
- WHEN: Two time slots from 8:15am - 2:45pm Saturday, March 27, 2021
- Pick two time slots with the possibility of meeting up to 2 clients: 8:15-10:15am, 9:45-11:45am, 11:15am-1:15pm, 12:45-2:45pm
- Each time slot is 2 hours to account for technical difficulties, the client interview, and debrief with AVLF staff attorney
- Volunteers will not need the entire 2 hours so may pick overlapping time slots
- WHAT: The current pandemic has caused housing problems to become worse. In the past months, AVLF phone lines have been consistently ringing from tenants who need assistance with major housing issues like illegal evictions or landlords ignoring their duty to repair for months. Now more than ever, AVLF needs volunteers to help provide quality legal services.
- HOW: No training or prior experience required! AVLF will send orientation video and volunteer training documents on the Wednesday before the Saturday event.
- SIGN UP! CLICK HERE, email GAWL.CommunityService@gmail.com, or email AVLF directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
MedShare - Medical Supplies Assembly
- WHEN: 1:00pm - 4:00pm Saturday, March 27, 2021
- WHAT: Volunteers will sort, prepare, and box donated medical supplies from local hospitals. MedShare then delivers these supplies to free clinics in the Greater Atlanta area that treat low-income and uninsured members of our community. Orientation and training provided at the beginning of the volunteer session. Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes and clothes that they don't mind getting dirty.
- WHERE: 3240 Clifton Spring Road, Decatur, GA 30034
- SIGN UP! CLICK HERE
Ahimsa House - Amazon Wishlist
- Ahimsa House is Georgia's first and only organization dedicated to helping the human and animal victims of domestic violence reach safety together! Please visit the Ahimsa House Amazon Wishlist page to donate animal food, Uber or Lyft gift cards, and other important things needed to provide care and safety these pets and families need.
- To donate CLICK HERE
Thank you for your willingness to serve!
Donate to the GAWL Foundation!
You can improve the lives of women in the legal community.