October 19 - 21, 2020 Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation (AVLF): Volunteers at the Housing Court Assistance Center
- NEED: One (1) volunteer needed each day
- WHEN: Monday Oct 19 through Wednesday Oct 21, 9:00am - noon
- WHERE: Housing Court Assistance Center in Fulton County Magistrate Clerk's Office, 136 Pryor St SW, Atlanta, GA 30303
- The Housing Court Assistance Center is a walk-in legal clinic helping tenants navigate the eviction process and other landlord-tenant matters
- NO prior experience in landlord-tenant law is needed
- AVLF will provide all training and support
- Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SIGN UP HERE!
October 22, 2020 MedShare: Medical Supplies Assembly
- NEED: Ten (10) volunteers needed
- WHEN: Thursday Oct 22, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- WHERE: 3240 Clifton Springs Road, Decatur, GA 30034
- Volunteers needed to sort, prepare, and box donated medical supplies from local hospitals. MedShare then delivers these supplies to free clinics in the greater Atlanta area that treat low-income and uninsured members of our community
- Orientation and training will be provided at the beginning of the volunteer session
- Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes and clothes you don't mind getting dirty. You will enter through the door marked "Volunteer Center" on the right side of the building. Gloves and masks will be provided.
SIGN UP HERE!
October 31, 2020 AVLF: Saturday Lawyer Clinic [VIRTUAL]
- NEED: Four (4) to eight (8) volunteers needed
- WHEN: Saturday Oct 31, 8:15am - 2:45pm
- WHERE: Virtual!
- Volunteers will pick two (2) or more time slots between 8:15am - 2:45pm to meet with clients
- All client meetings are conducted virtually via Zoom that will be set up by an AVLF staff attorney
- AVLF will provide all questionnaires, training materials, and orientation in advance
- After orientation, volunteer attorneys will interview 1-2 potential clients to assess the strength of their claims. If the case has merit, volunteers are encouraged (although not required) to accept the case for representation.
- An AVLF staff attorney will be present for questions, debriefing, etc.
- Want to volunteer? Have questions? E-mail email@example.com
Ongoing Donation Drives
- International Women's House (IWH)
- IWH is collecting donations of new/packaged women's and children's underwear (briefs/bikinis for women, underwear for children of all ages/sizes).
- Many clients arrive at IWH with only the clothes on their backs, and new underwear is one of the very first needs.
- Other items needed: toiletries, paper towels, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hairbrushes, towels (wish list here)
- If you have donations, please contact Bridget Cardinale (firstname.lastname@example.org) to coordinate drop-off!
- AVLF's Back-to-School Campaign
- Monetary donations needed to help provide legal and social services to Atlanta kids and families who have been hit hard by the coronavirus and economic crisis.
- Donations will go towards providing students with school supplies, uniforms, counseling, and social services.
- CLICK HERE TO DONATE!