GAWL is committed to serving dinner to the residents of Nicholas House on the second Tuesday of each month. Nicholas House continues to rely on volunteers for dinners and help with many services to help homeless families be self-sufficient.
Due to COVID-19, volunteers have the option of either (1) coming into the shelter to serve meals to the families; or (2) dropping off the meal instead of coming in to serve. Either way, please remember to include plates, silverware, etc. Changes may be implemented as the situation evolves.
(1) If coming into the shelter to serve meals:
- Volunteers required to wear masks at all times.
- Meals will begin at 6PM and families will have staggered meal services at two separate meal times.
- Volunteers required to clean and wipe down the area between meal services.
- Volunteers required to serve families at their tables as opposed to families coming to the window to receive plates.
- Meal service will end at 7:30PM
(2) If dropping off the meal:
- Arrive with the meal by 5:30pm so that food can be prepared and ready to serve by 6:00pm.
- Upon arrival, please complete the dinner logbook front and back. The log book is located in the front office. Ask the attendant for assistance if necessary.
The address of Nicholas House is 830 Boulevard SE Atlanta, GA 30312. The phone number is (404) 622-0793.
Homeless families rely on our commitment and support, especially during these trying times!
The number of residents is approx 45; 2/3 of the residents are children. So, please plan the meal accordingly.
Here is more information about Nicholas House: https://nicholashouse.org/ways-to-help/volunteer/.
Sign up to volunteer now on SignUpGenius - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4cabac29a1fc1-gawl
Thank you so much for volunteering and feel free to contact us with any questions.
GAWL Foundation Community Service Committee